Adulterated Kerosene Triggers Fire Outbreak in Anambra
On the 13/8//2018 at about 10:00 hrs, there was a kerosene explosion leading to fire outbreak at NO 7 Dike Ezeagu street ugwuagba, Awada-obosi.
The fire which was ignited by the kerosene explosion has burnt down completely Eight rooms service quarters of the apartment.
Similarly, one Mrs Gift Oroke female of the same address who was using the alleged adulterated kerosene in her stove when the explosion occurred also sustained various degrees of burns all over her body.
Scene was visited by Police detectives attached to Awada division and the victim was taken to ST Martins hospital,Ugwuagba Awada for treatment.
Meanwhile, sample of the kerosene was obtained for analysis and case is under investigation to ascertain circumstances surrounding the incident.
It would be recalled that similar incidents also occurred on the 16/6/2018 at Nkwelle Ogidi and 25/6/2018 at Amikwo in Awka leading to the death of one Ada Okpoto aged 14 years while one Devine Favour aged 13 years sustained various degrees of burns respectively.
In view of the foregoing, members of the Public are once again advised to always take necessary precautions when using kerosene and other combustible substances in order to prevent reoccurance of such ugly incidents please.
SP Haruna Mohammed, PPRO Anambra State Police Command,
For-Commissioner of Police Anambra State Police Command