Sallah: Massive Deployment of Police Personnel…. Red Alert in North-East
The Inspector General of Police, IGP Ibrahim K. Idris NPM mni felicitates and rejoices with Muslim faithfuls throughout the country on the occasion of this year Eid-el-Kabir celebration.
2. To ensure a hitch free celebration, the Inspector General of Police has directed the implementation of robust and elaborate security arrangement throughout the country by the Assistant Inspectors General of Police and Commissioners of Police in zonal and State Commands Nationwide. They are to be on ground to beef up security, carryout massive deployment of Police personnel on Police visibility patrols, crowd controls, and adequate protection and safety at all Eid praying grounds and other venues of celebration in their areas of responsibilities.
3. The deployment of additional personnel and crime prevention and detection equipments will be carried out to cover identified and perceived criminal black spots, flash points, abandoned and uncompleted projects sites being used as hideouts by criminal elements to commit crime. The ongoing raids operations and removal of suspected criminals will continue throughout the Sallah period and beyond.
4. The deployment will also cover recreation centres, public places and critical infrastructure and public utilities.
5. Federal Highway patrol Teams, the Safer Highway patrol Units, and Anti-Crime patrols have been deployed along Highways and major roads throughout the country for the protection and safety of travellers, commuters and other road users during the period and beyond. They are under strict instructions to be civil, polite, compassionate and firm in carryout their duties.
6. Intense surveillance/Intelligence gathering will be maintained, special deployment and stop and search duties will be emplaced at all flash/vulnerable points in every state of the Country.
7. The Nigeria Police Force is hereby imploring members of the public, most especially travellers and other roads users to cooperate with Police personnel deployed on the Highways and other duty posts.
8. The Inspector General of Police, once again wishes the Muslim faithfuls and other Nigerians happy Eid-el-Kabir celebration. He enjoins them to be security conscious, vigilant and report any untoward incident or happening observed in their locality to the nearest Police station.
Ag. DCP JIMOH MOSHOOD
FORCE PUBLIC RELATIONS OFFICER,
Kidnapped School ChildrenYauri FGC Students, Kebbi
93 days 21 hours 25 minutes 19 seconds,
Baptist School Students, Kaduna
75 days 23 hours 6 minutes 44 seconds
Report By: PRNigeria.com