Osun Poll: Police Pay Constable N50,000.00 for 10 Day Election Duty
· Amount Paid to Police Personnel on Election Duty in Osun State is Duty Tour Allowance for Ten (10) Days
The attention of the Nigeria Police Force was drawn to a front page story in the Punch Newspaper of today, 19th September, 2018 captioned “Osun poll: FG pays constables N50,000.00 each for election duty, others more. allowance more than N45000 monthly salary” credited to Femi Makinde and Oladimeji Ramon
2. The Force wishes to categorically state that the story is absolutely misleading and an outright misinformation which is figments of imagination of the two (2) writers. The Federal Government did not pay constables N50,000 each for election duty, others more as claimed in the report.
3. It is imperative and incumbent on the Force to set the record straight and educate the writers of the story that the payment of allowance to Officers and Men of the Force and that of other Security and Safety Agencies complementing the Nigeria Police Force in election security is statutory and transparent in line with the Financial Regulations and Public Service Rules as it has to do with Duty Tour Allowance.
4. To further disabuse the minds of members of the public who must have read the report and correct the mischief by the writers of the story, the following is the breakdown of the Duty Tour Allowance (DTA) entitlements paid to Police Officers and Men deployed for election duty in Osun State and other previous Gubernatorial elections held in Edo, Ondo, Anambra and Ekiti States.
i. Ranks and File (Constable to Sergeant) – N5,000 DTA per Day X 10 Days = N50,000
ii. Inspector to Chief Superintendent of Police – N12,000 DTA per Day X 10 Days = N120,000
iii. Assistant Commissioner of Police – Assistant Inspector General of Police – N16,000 DTA per Day X 10 Days = N160,000
iv. Deputy Inspector General of Police – N20,000 DTA per Day X 10 Days = N200,000
5. Consequently, either due to outright ignorance or deliberate mischief, the writers rushed to the press for purposes best known to them without a thorough check of what the Public Service Rules and Financial Regulations provide for every police personnel deployed for special duty, Election Duty and other ad-hoc duties as Duty Tour Allowance (DTA).
6. The Force will continue to hold the media in a very high regard and as veritable partner in ensuring the protection of lives and property of all Nigerians, however, the Nigeria Police Force implores them not to allow the pages of their esteemed Newspapers to be used to publish unverified, misleading, mischievous and beer palour gossip.
7. Members of the public are hereby enjoined to disregard, discountenance the story as untrue, misleading and misinformation.
Ag. DCP JIMOH MOSHOOD
FORCE PUBLIC RELATIONS OFFICER
Kidnapped School ChildrenYauri FGC Students, Kebbi
96 days 12 hours 4 minutes 21 seconds,
Baptist School Students, Kaduna
78 days 13 hours 45 minutes 46 seconds
Report By: PRNigeria.com