Again, Kaduna Gov Imposes 24 hours curfew, as Police Arrest Suspects
The Governor of Kaduna State, Mallam Nasir Elrufai has again imposed 24 hours curfew in the state.
Announcing the directive on his official Twitter Handle, he said: “This is a notice of a 24-hour curfew imposed on Kaduna town and environs, with immediate effect.
“the decision has been taken in the best interest of the state.”
Meanwhile before the new directive, the Police Headquarters in Abuja had issued a statement on development in Kaduna and other states.
Read the Press Release from the Police below:
Police Nab 22 Suspects over Kajuru Crisis
Concerned with the unfortunate attack and killings of Fifty-Five innocent people, mayhem and the resultant disturbance of public peace that occurred in Kasuwar Magani, Kajuru, Kaduna State on the 18th of October, 2018 which also resulted in destruction of property worth Millions of Naira, and the need to put an end to this crisis, the Inspector General of Police, IGP Ibrahim K. Idris NPM, mni, has deployed the Assistant Inspector General of Police, Zone 7 Headquarters in charge of Kaduna State, Niger State and the FCT to lead the Police Special Intervention Force, comprising Four (4) Units of Police Mobile Force (PMF) specially trained Anti Riot Policemen, Counter Terrorism Unit, Conventional Policemen, Federal Special Anti Robbery Squad (FSARS), Intelligence Response Team (IRT), Technical Intelligence Unit (TIU), State Intelligence Bureau (SIB), detachment of EOD, Police K9 (Sniffer Dogs Section), already on ground at Kasuwar Magani, Kajuru, Kaduna State.
2. The operations will cover the entire Kasuwar Magani and environs, and other flash/trouble spots in Kaduna State.
3. The Police Special Intervention Forces will be working in synergy with the Kaduna State Police Command to ensure that total peace and normalcy are restored and sustained in Kasuwar Magani and environs.
4. To achieve success in the operations, the Force will be proactive and strict in the enforcement of its mandates, Police standard operations procedures and rules of engagement. The Force will ensure the full enforcement of the curfew imposed on Kasuwar Magani and environs by the Kaduna State Government. The personnel of the Police special Intervention Force will carry out twenty four (24) hours surveillance and patrol, stop and search; continuous raids of identified criminal hideouts and black spots, with a view to arrest promptly trouble makers, their sponsors and nip in the bud any further attempt to cause violence and other criminality in the area. The deployment of the personnel will equally cover communities, towns, villages, vulnerable points, Government and private infrastructures and facilities in Kasuwar Magani, Kajuru Local Government Area and environs.
5. Traditional rulers, religious leaders, public office holders, politicians, opinion leaders, parents and guardians are hereby called upon to prevail on their subjects, supporters, children and wards to support the personnel of the Police Special Intervention Force in the discharge of their responsibilities, and propagate peace, demonstrate love, and tolerance to promote harmonious coexistence with their fellow citizens, irrespective of religious, ethnic inclinations and differences.
CASE 2: GIVING FALSE INFORMATION, TELLING FALSEHOOD AND MISLEADING POLICE ACTION
Arrest and investigation of one Dr. Kasim Abdulganiyu for giving false information, telling falsehood and misleading Police to execute search warrant in the house of Ambassador Ibrahim Zakari, former DG, National Intelligence Agency (NIA) in Kaduna, Kaduna State.
2. The Informant (suspect) informed and made voluntary statement to the Police on 20th August, 2018 that firearms and ammunition were stocked in the house of One Ibrahim Zakari and five (5) others on Sultan Road, Malali Area, Kaduna, Kaduna State before the Police team obtained and executed a valid search warrant in the house on the 28th August, 2018 and nothing incriminating was found. The search was witnessed by the security guards and no relatives of the owner of the house or any other person apart from the security guards were living in the house as at the time the search was conducted.
3. The Police Team also had no knowledge that the house belong to Ambassador Ibrahim Zakari, former DG NIA before the search warrant was executed.
4. Notwithstanding, any personality, the provisions of the law empowers the Nigeria Police Force with statutory rights to execute a duly obtained search warrant in any dwelling house, premises or location where it has actionable intelligence or information that incriminating items or exhibits used to commit crime or about to be used for criminality with the aims of recovering them to prevent the commission of such crime or to detect the crime that have been committed are recovered for investigation and prosecution.
5. However, the Informant, Dr. Kasim Abdulganiyu of No. 21 Colorado Crescent, Ministers Hills, Abuja will be arraigned in court for giving false information and telling falsehood to mislead police action without further delay.
CASE 3: ARREST OF NOTORIOUS GANGS OF KIDNAPPERS AND ARMED ROBBERS
i. Hawa Yinusa ‘f’ – Gang Leader
ii. Nura Dahiru a.k.a Ula (Principal Suspect)
iii. Buhari Hamisu a.k.a wiseman (Principal Suspect)
i. Three (3) AK47 Rifles
ii. Thirty Eight (38) Rounds of AK47 Ammunition
iii. One (1) Honda Hennessey Car belonging to the victim (Originally ash colour but changed by the suspect to Navy blue)
iv. One (1) Big Cutlass used in killing people
Arrest of vicious and notorious kidnap for ransom gang led by a woman, Hawa Yunusa from Masaka, Nasarawa State who has no means of livelihood but leads so many kidnapping gangs; for several kidnappings of prominent Nigerians, including one Aisha Haruna (a business woman) referred to as Zainab by her family and friends who was kidnapped and later killed and abandoned by this gang in the bush at Uke town, Nasarawa State. The victim’s car, Honda Hennessey was robbed after killing her including her stock of clothing inside the car. The suspect, Hawa Yinusa further went to court and sworn to an affidavit claiming that the victim was her sister before she died and was in the process of withdrawing from the Bank about One Million Naira (N1,000,000.00) belonging to the victim before she was arrested.
2. The two last suspects Nura Dahiru a.k.a Ula and Buhari Hamisu a.k.a wiseman were mobilized into the criminal gang by Hawa Yinusa. One (1) of the suspects died during a shootout with the IGP Strike Force and the three (3) AK47, Thirty Eight (38) Rounds of AK47 Ammunition, and One (1) Big Cutlass used in killing some of their victims to death were recovered from their possession.
3. The suspect, Hawa Yinusa and her gangs have carried out several kidnappings between Abuja, Nasarawa and Plateau States. They have also been involved and confessed to other forms of kidnappings of innocent people, collecting their ATM Cards and withdrawing their money before releasing them. Some of their victims have come forward to the Police investigator and identified them. They will be charged to court on completion of Investigation.
CASE 4: RE: KWARA LAW MAKERS RAISE ALARM OVER TRANSFER OF SUSPECTED RITUALIST TO ABUJA.
Re: Daily Trust Newspaper publication page 8 of today, 21st October, 2018 on the above caption, credited to a Press conference by Hon. Abdulrafiu Abdulrahman, Chairman House Committee on Information, Kwara State House of Assembly insinuating that there are alleged plots by the Police to use the eight (8) suspected human parts dealers it transferred from the State to the Force Headquarters, Abuja as instrument of political victimization and alleging further that ‘the Police were working to force some of the suspects to implicate prominent clerics and top politicians in the State in the matter’.
2. Investigation into the arrested suspects in connection with the Eleven (11) human skulls and other human body parts recovered from them is still ongoing and the Police will definitely make the outcome public.
3. Any individual or group found to be connected with this heinous crime will be arrested and prosecuted. The Force has no any plan to implicate any personality in the matter and there is no any cause for any innocent person(s) to be afraid of the law. The Force will not allow itself to be cowed, or obstructed from ensuring that the dictate of the law prevails in all matters.
4. On the case of Offa Bank Robbery suspects referred to by Hon. Abdulrafiu Abdulrahman, Chairman of House Committee on Information, Kwara State House of Assembly, investigation into the matter has been concluded by the Police and the case file sent to Attorney General of the Federation who directed that the case file be sent to the Kwara State Attorney General for prosecution which the Police has complied with since August, 2018. The Force has been waiting on the Kwara State Attorney General to take over the suspects from the Police for prosecution. Hon. Abdulrafiu Abdulrahman, Chairman of House Committee on Information, Kwara State House of Assembly should take note, please.
Ag. DCP Jimoh MOshood
Force Public Relations Officers
Kidnapped School ChildrenYauri FGC Students, Kebbi
468 days 18 hours 52 minutes 46 seconds,
Baptist School Students, Kaduna
450 days 20 hours 34 minutes 11 seconds
Tegina Islamiya Pupils, Niger (Freed)
Report By: PRNigeria.com