Aregbesola in Enugu Commissions 11th Immigration office Complex built under
The Minister of Interior Ogbeni Rauf Aregbesola has inaugurated a newly reconstructed Office Complex on Enugu-Abakaliki Road Emene for the Enugu State Command of the Service.
2. Speaking at the event, the Minister who represented the President and Commander-in-Chief, Muhammadu Buhari GCFR described the Complex as one of the massive edifices of the Nigeria Immigration Service (NIS). He noted that the commissioning of the Complex was part of government’s commitment to providing conducive workplace environment for the workforce in order to ensure enhanced productivity.
3. The Minister noted that the best of machines and computer systems in a very poor work environment will not add any meaningful value to workers’ productivity while stressing that ‘the minimum facility that can be provided for a man who bears arms is not only safety but a workplace environment where his best performance can be easily harnessed’. He charged Officers and Men of the Command to emplace high maintenance culture, serene work environment and transparent service delivery to ensure that people who come to the Complex for any service get treated decently. He thanked the government and good people of Enugu State especially some illustrious individuals in the State who assisted in the reconstruction of the Building.
4. Speaking earlier, the Comptroller General of Immigration (CGI), Muhammad Babandede MFR, stated that upon assumption of Office as Comptroller General, he promised to build and commission at least two new Command Office Buildings yearly. The commissioning of the Enugu Command Complex brings the total number of Command Complexes already built and delivered to eleven (11) in fulfillment of the promise. He advised Officers and Men of the Command to make good use of the Building adding that the Service is retooling all its processes and procedures for enhanced service delivery. He thanked the Governor and the people of the State for their support during the reconstruction works on the edifice.
5. In his remarks the State Governor, Rt. Hon. (Dr) Ifeanyi Ugwuanyi represented by the deputy Governor, Hon. Cecilia Ezeilo appreciated the Minister of Interior for coming to commission the Complex describing the gesture as a demonstration of strong commitment and leadership of the Buhari-led administration. She expressed her government’s appreciation to the reform efforts of the Comptroller General of Immigration stressing that the Service has continued to discharge its duties in the State beautifully.
7. It would be recalled that the Enugu State Command Building was earlier slated for commissioning on the 24th October but got torched by arsonists on 22nd October, 2020 during the #ENDSARS protest.
6. Dignitaries at the occasion include representative of the State traditional Council led by His Royal Majesty Igwe (Barrister) Julius Nnaji, the Catholic Bishop of Enugu Diocese, Rt. Rev.Valentine Callistus Onaga, the State Director of State Services, Corps Commander FRSC, Enugu Sector Command Joseph Udoaba, State Commissioner of Police represented by DCP Garba Ahmed, the Army Garrison Commander in the State Brig. Gen. Chris Ataki, the Sariki Hausa in Enugu, Abubakar Yusuf Sambo and representatives of other military and security agencies.
Amos OKPU mnipr
ASSISTANT COMPTROLLER OF IMMIGRATION
SERVICE PUBLIC RELATIONS OFFICER
For: COMPTROLLER GENERAL OF IMMIGRATION
12th AUGUST, 2021
Kidnapped School ChildrenYauri FGC Students, Kebbi
335 days 17 hours 18 minutes 16 seconds,
Baptist School Students, Kaduna
317 days 18 hours 59 minutes 41 seconds
Tegina Islamiya Pupils, Niger (Freed)
Report By: PRNigeria.com