Police Offers N5mn on Information over Ambush-Killing of Policemen in Abuja, Edo
The Inspector General of Police, IGP Ibrahim K. Idris, NPM, mni promptly on the 3rd July, 2018 set-up a team of Specialized Crack Investigation Detectives, Police Scene of Crime Experts and Technical Intelligence Unit of the Force to investigate the ambush attack and killing of seven (7) Policemen while on duty on 2nd July, 2018 by Armed robbers/Bandits at Galadimawa Roundabout, Abuja.
2. The IGP also ordered Commissioners of Police and their Supervising Assistant Inspectors General of Police to beef-up security in their Area of Responsibilities (AOR) and embark on massive raids of criminal hideouts and flashpoints across the country to forestall any further attack anywhere in the Country. He further placed the Commissioners of Police and Police Personnel Nationwide on Red-alert and Directs Twenty – Four (24) Hours Crime Prevention and Police visibility Patrol of flash and vulnerable points in their jurisdictions.
3. The Commissioners of Police were also mandated to re-gird their crime prevention and control strategies and work with community/religious leaders, other stakeholders and public spirited individuals to nip in the bud crimes and criminalities in their AOR.
4. However, the IGP has equally directed a thorough and discreet investigation into the recent ambush and killing of four (4) Policemen at Sabon Gida, Ora in Edo State on the 14th July, 2018 by armed robbers while on patrol. As a result of the ambush, the police patrol vehicle burst into flame after the attack and the four (4) Policemen died in the process.
5. The investigation conducted so far has not establish any link between the two attacks, but public spirited individuals and other good Nigerians have been giving useful information to the Police in the progressive investigation into the two unfortunate incidents.
6. In order to arrest the other suspects still at large in the first incident, the Force is desirous of more credible information from the public, and hereby pledges a reward of Five Million Naira to any member of the public that provides useful information that leads to the arrest of the remaining perpetrators of the ambush attack and killing of seven (7) policemen in the Federal Capital Territory (FCT), Abuja on the 2nd July, 2018 or the recent ambush and killing of four (4) Policemen on patrol at Sabon Gida, Ora in Edo State on the 14th July, 2018. The Force wishes to assure that the informant will be protected and his/her identity secured.
7. The following phone numbers can be used to reach the Police Special Investigation Team: 08033027731, 08036783388, 08037080740, 08033129778, 08060970807, 08126660696, 08038025705.
8. The Inspector General of Police condoles and sympathises with the families of the slain Policemen and has directed prompt processing and payment of their entitlements and a befitting burial for them.
9. The Nigeria Police Force despite these two (2) attacks on its personnel will not relent in ensuring that crimes and criminalities are brought to the barest in the country.
Ag. DCP JIMOH MOSHOOD
FORCE PUBLIC RELATIONS OFFICER
Kidnapped School ChildrenYauri FGC Students, Kebbi
98 days 2 hours 47 minutes 22 seconds,
Baptist School Students, Kaduna
80 days 4 hours 28 minutes 47 seconds
Report By: PRNigeria.com