Anambra CP Orders Arrest of 3policemen over extortion
The visions of Mr. John B. Abang, the new Anambra Police Commissioner, to rid the State of criminal activities and terror gangs may not take long before their fruition. This is because the new CP has since hit the ground running.
In his bid to sanitize the Anambra Police Command and thoroughly reform it, Mr. Abang, has read the riot act to dubious officers and men who are fond of receiving bribes from the public and gratifications before they grant bail to suspects in their custody.
Mr. Abang, upon resuming as CP, warned his men and officers not to extort or collect money before granting bail on bailable offences.
However, three policemen have been arrested and undergoing investigation for extorting money from one Mrs. Love Mbachu and two others.
Responding to the development in a short message to PRNigeria, the police spokesperson in Anambra, Haruna Mohammed said “Following the report that Policemen attached to Ogidi Area Command allegedly extorted the sum of N60,000 from one Mrs. Love Mbachu, the Commissioner of Police, CP John B. Abang, directed Acp X SDQ to investigate and recover the money within 12 hours.
“In compliance with the CP’s directives, the Policemen involved have been arrested and the sum of N60,000 recovered, and handed over to the victims. Meanwhile, all cases are under investigation after which the defaulters would be tried in orderly room.”
The new police boss has paid a familiarization tour to sister security agencies and other critical institutions in the State to solicit their supports and robust partnerships. He has urged the public to forward their complaints to his office for prompt security action on crimnal activities in the state.
Police Nab Teenage Cultists Rapists in Anambra
In order to further stem the tide of cultism and other nefarious activities in the State, the Command Puff-Adder operatives in conjunction with Special Anti cult unit (SPACS) had during the period under review raided various hideouts and blackspots where cultists are suspected to be hibernating in various communities within the State as follows,
On the 22/07/2019 at IHEMBOSI axis, 06 suspected cultists arrested. On 23/07 /19 at UKWULU axis, 06 suspected cultists arrested. On 24/07/19 at ANAKU axis, 08 suspected cultists arrested. 0n 25/07/19 at OMOR axis , 02 suspected cultists arrested. On 26/07/19 at NTEJE axis, 02 suspected cultists arrested. On 27/07/19, at OKO, 08 suspected cultists arrested. On 28/07/19, at OGIDI/OBOSI axis, 12 suspected cultists arrested respectively.
3. From all the raids carried out, a total of 44 suspects were arrested out of which 10 suspects were screened out,10 charged to court while 24 others are undergoing investigation.
4. Meanwhile, Exhibits recovered from the suspects who confessed being members of different secret cult groups includes, 04 improvised bunkers, 06 machetes , 01 axe, 01 butchers short knife, a bundle of foil, 01 packet of razler and some guantity of dry weeds suspected to be cannabis sativa.
ARREST OF SUSPECTED TEENAGE CULTISTS/ SUSPECTED RAPISTS AND RECOVERY OF FOREARMS.
On the 26/7/2019 at about 8:15pm, operatives attached to the Command Special Anti Robbery Squad (SARS) arrested one Chinedu Umera ‘m’ aged 18 years, Uboh Oluebube ‘m’ aged 16 years, Obute Chinwendu ‘m’ aged 17 years and Chukwuma Amazu ‘m’ aged 18 years respectively.
2. Suspects and two others at large went to Angelican Girls School Oba on the 17/7/2019 at about 5:pm,drugged and abducted a 14 years old girl, took her to a building at Oba, robbed, threatened her with two double barrel guns and have unlawful carnal knowledge with her for two consecutive days.
3. The suspects also confessed to be members of Junior Vikings(JVC) and the two arms have been recovered in their possession as exhibits.
4. Meanwhile,the victim was taken to the hospital for medical attention and case is under investigation after which suspects would be charged to court for prosecution.
5. Consequently, on the 26/7/2019 at about 4:30pm, following intelligence report,operatives attached to the Command Special Anti Robbery Squad (SARS) arrested at Oba, one Victor Okafor ‘m’ aged 26 years.
6. Suspect has confessed to be a member of armed robbery gang that specializes in disposessing innocent citizens of their tricycles within Oba and environs.
7. One unregistered tricycle reasonably suspected to have been stolen was recovered from him.
8. Case under Investigation and effort is ongoing to apprehend his accomplices and bring them to justice.
9. Also on the 24/7/2019 at about 9:pm,at Nkpor New spare parts market by Onitsha/Enugu Expressway,a tricyclist sited police patrol team attached to Ogidi Division while on routine patrol.
10. The rider jumped down and took to his heels abandoning the tricycle with registration number IMO 108 QM.Tricycle was recovered as it was suspected stolen.
11. Meanwhile, on the 26/7/2019 one Daniel Ogba ‘m’ of Nkpor uno reported at the Ogidi Police Station that the said tricycle was snatched from him at gun point on 24 /7/19 at about 7:35pm along limca by Nkpor old road by two armed men who boarded him as passengers from Awada area.
12. Finally,the Commissioner of Police CP John B.Abang, fdc enjoins Ndi Anambra especially keke riders to be vigilant on the passengers they carry particularly at night and in secluded areas in order not to fall victims of tricycle snatching syndicates which has now become a new pattern of crime in the State following successful clampdown on one chance robbery and hand bag snatching syndicates at upper iweka.
SP Haruna Muhammed PPRO Anambra State Police Command,
For-Commissioner of Police Anambra State Command
Kidnapped School ChildrenYauri FGC Students, Kebbi
173 days 18 hours 7 minutes 30 seconds,
Baptist School Students, Kaduna
155 days 19 hours 48 minutes 55 seconds
Tegina Islamiya Pupils, Niger (Freed)
Report By: PRNigeria.com