Gov Matawalle Confirms the Release of Abducted Jangebe School Girls
After conflicting reports on the fate of the kidnapped schoolgirls of Jangebe Government Secondary School, Governor Bello Matawalle of Zamfara State has confirmed the release of the girls on Tuesday, March 2, 2021.
Receiving 279 of the schoolgirls in Government House Gusau at about 5a.m on Tuesday, the governor said they were returned safely without paying any ransom.
He said repentant bandits in the state-assisted security agencies in the operation that led to the rescue of schoolgirls after reaching agreements with abductors.
One of the victims, Hafsatu Anka, an SS II student who spoke in tears, said they were laid in trenches littered with human feaces.
She said they saw other people including women and children and father of one of our school mates who had been in the den for months in captivity.
“They walked us on foot where some of us got dislocated on their foot, they would pray as Muslims but never allowed us to pray and they fed us with rice in which they put sand after cooking,” Hafsat narrated.