PCNI hands over to North East Development Commission
The Presidential Committee on the North East Initiatives (PCNI) officially handed over human and material resources to the recently inaugurated North East Development Commission on Tuesday, 11th June, 2019 at the PCNI’s office.
While giving a chronicle of the mandate and activities carried out for the duration of her 3 years existence, the Vice chairman PCNI explained the main role of the PCNI as the apex coordinating body which was only able to fill in gaps in areas of critical needs and relied on the support of Development partners and private bodies. He said studies, researches, partnerships and coordination are all platform made available for the North East Development Commission (NEDC) for its smooth take off since they have the mandate to implement projects.
He said further that the landmark of achievement recorded was due to the doggedness of staff of the PCNI despite little resources available. He beckoned on the North East Development Commission to take up the challenge for better development of the North East.
The chairman of the NEDC Mr. Paul Tafar on behalf of the members of the Board thanked the PCNI for a job well done and promised to continue from where PCNI has stopped.
The brief handing over ceremony had in attendance senior staffs of the PCNI, and the Board of NEDC which are as follows:
1. Mohammed Alkali, Managing Director of the NEDC;
2. Musa Yashi, Executive Director, Humanitarian Affairs;
3. Muhammed Jawa, Executive Director, Administration and Finance;
4. Omar Mohammed, Executive Director, Operations.
5. David Kente, member representing North East Zone;
6. Asmau Mohammed, member representing North West Zone;
7. Benjamin Adanyi, member representing North Central Zone,
8. Olawale Oshun, member representing South West Zone;
9. Dr. T. Ekechi, member representing South East;
10. Obasuke McDonald, member representing South South.
Kidnapped School ChildrenYauri FGC Students, Kebbi
592 days 21 hours 21 minutes 40 seconds,
Baptist School Students, Kaduna
574 days 23 hours 3 minutes 5 seconds
Tegina Islamiya Pupils, Niger (Freed)
Report By: PRNigeria.com